Thursday, July 23, 2015

Throwback Thursday

    



     I was going through some old photos of my work, when I happened upon this picture of a client I had awhile ago. I remember this particular client quite vividly even though she only came to me once because: a) she was a referral of a friend of mine   b) she unintentionally made things difficult (more on that later) and c) she didn't tip even though I gave her a discounted price
     Before I tell you what happened, let me explain something. I've done hair, makeup, and nails professionally for years and I've found that there will always be clients who feel the need to micromanage me and the service I'm performing for them. These same clients will complain about how long the service is taking, when its their own fault that it's taking so long! Stopping me every 3 minutes to see exactly what I've done since the last time they stopped me isn't going to get them out of my chair any faster!!! But I digress.
     So this particular client had an appointment VERY early on Saturday morning. She came in, sat down, and I started working. So far, so good. I prepped her nails and everything was fine. But once I started to lay the lay the acrylic, shit got real. She wanted a full set of glitter nails, so I was doing reverse application. I knew it was her first time getting her nails like this, so I made sure to explain the process to her! I had her wrist propped up on a large hand pillow (fancy! Lol) so that her nails would be pointing down, thus making my job easier and making her visit more relaxing. All she had to do was rest her hand on the pillow and let me work. But she wasn't about to let me get off that easy. Every few minutes she would raise her hand up to see what I had done. This not only took up extra time, but interfered with my application of the acrylic which resulted in more filing and took even more time! (Having the client's finger pointed downward keeps the acrylic from running into the cuticle.)  If she had questions, she should've just asked instead of constantly moving her hands. Things would've gone much smoother if she had just LET ME WORK! Because the bottom line is WE CANT BOTH LOOK AT THE SAME TIME! 
     I know that some nails techs will get rough with you if you dont hold still, but i dont believe in that. People get their nails done to look good and relax, not to get their fingers broken if they dont hold still. 
What should have been a simple set of nails took me 2 hours! She seemed a little annoyed about the time frame, but it was her own fault! She loved her nails, and I was happy about that. But I wasn't happy that she didn't tip. I gave her a discount off of my already low prices because she was a referral from a friend, but got no tip. Never again. 
At least I got a picture I could use though........

No comments:

Post a Comment