Thursday, July 30, 2015

Bubblegum Bliss Nails




     I've been wanting to do a set of girly light pink nails for a while, but I didn't want to do anything too complicated. I was using my non dominant hand and I was on a time frame, so I needed to keep it as simple as possible. So I decided to do a glitter fade.
    I used 01 and 03 from Nail Factory's Forever Pink Collection, as well a mix called Hot Mess that I got on Ebay from a fellow youtuber (lemonkiss84). #01 from the Forever Pink Collection is a pink based transparent glitter mix with stars, iridescent hearts, diamonds, and a ton of other elements. It's actually my favorite mix in that collection. #03 from the Forever Pink Collection is a light opaque pink with chunky iridescent glitters. Hot Mess is a very chunky iridescent glitter mix with light oranges, blues, pinks, and greens. I used this mix just to add a little contrast to my design. I don't like Hot Mess on its own, but on top of another glitter mix or a pretty color acrylic, it's gorgeous!
     I used my own mix on the nail bed just to give some color to my extremely light nail beds. Then I used #03 from Nail Factory's Forever Pink Collection on the tips and faded it up the nail. I then took 01 from the Forever Pink Collection and spread it all over the nail as thinly as possible. Lastly I took a little bit of Hot Mess and spread that on top of the nail. I encapsulated everything with clear acrylic, filed, buffed, and used Young Nails Finish Gel for my topcoat. And just to add a little more sparkle, I added a big 3D bow with acrylic.
 
Check the vid out below :)


No comments:

Post a Comment