Sunday, July 26, 2015

Neon Rainbow Nails




     I did these nails as part of a group collab with a bunch of other nail girls on youtube (yay!) and I had so much fun doing these. I wanted a nice simple design with bright colors, so I decided to use the acrylic mixes in the Sundance Collection from Organic Nails and a nice white and clear glitter mix. The mixes I used from the Sundance Collection were Boox, Chak, Chakan, Samchak, Tunich, Kan, and Yaax. I also used a mix from the Circus Collection (also from Organic Nails) called Elephant.
     The mixes in the Sundance collection are all neons and bright colors which went perfectly with the theme of the collaboration (Bright Neon). These mixes have large chunks of nail art in them. There's peace signs, squares, clovers, and a bunch of other things. And it's these chunky pieces of nail art that make these mixes so hard to work with at times. They are GORGEOUS mixes but they can be time consuming and difficult to use at times when you are doing reverse application.
     The other mix I used, called Elephant, is a sparkly white glitter mix which has, unfortunately, been discontinued along with the rest of the Circus Collection. I only used a little bit of this mix at the tip just to give a nice fade at the end of the nail.
     I knew I wanted some hand painted designs on the nail, but I had to think about whether to do different designs on each nail or do the same thing on all of the nails. I decided to keep it simple and just do the same simple design on each finger. I used Organic Nails Synergy gel to put my Swarovski crystals on, and used Young Nails Finish Gel as my topcoat.
     Check the video out below and let me know what you think!



No comments:

Post a Comment